New hotels at Riverwalk and apartments near the Galleria Mall are just some of the latest development happenings in Rock Hill.
The city planning commission will meet Tuesday night with a full agenda of potential projects. Most involve major site plan approval, something the commission can grant without city council approval and also something that’s needed for large development projects.
Here’s a look at what they city has on the table:
▪ Hawkeye Hotels of Iowa applied for major site plan approval for two hotel buildings at 328 Marburg Lane. The 6-acre property is between the Rock Hill Velodrome and the Lidl grocery store. Submitted plans show two hotels there, each at four stories.
Each hotel would be more than 82,000 square feet. A layout submitted to the city doesn’t name the hotel brands, but a separate architectural rendering lists a Residence Inn by Marriott.
▪ The Warren Norman Company asked for major site plan approval for new apartments near the Galleria Mall. The Encore at Galleria project at 553 Galleria Blvd. involves about 30 acres. It’s on the northern side of a recently built section of that road, and north of Dave Lyle Boulevard.
A total of 19 buildings would have 288 apartments in three-story units, five garages, a community building and a pool house.
▪ The Carolina Crossroads at 77 industrial park is up for major site plan approval. Owner McCraney Property Company wants to put five buildings on 127 acres at the northwest corner of Porter and Barringer roads. They would combine for about 1.6 million square feet of industrial space.
Buildings range from about 240,000 to 446,000 square feet. They are speculative, so the application doesn’t list potential tenants. The property is east of I-77 in the Porter Road area.
▪ Old Dominion Freight Line applied for a major site plan review at 326 Interconnect Drive. The project involves a freight terminal facility on about 23 acres.
The property is between and has frontage on both Interconnect and Oak Pond Drive. It’s east of Porter Road near I-77. A more than 43,000-square-foot building there would be mostly a warehouse, but includes some office space.
Submitted plans show two entrance points, both off Interconnect. There’s parking in front of an 80-door dock area. The site also has two large retention ponds.
Last year Old Dominion applied to annex the property into Rock Hill and rezone it. The property is near where, at the same time last year, the city heard plans for an industrial park along Porter and Interconnect and a separate 18-acre truck center on Porter.
See where this new industrial center, trucking, apartments and more may go in Rock Hill
▪ Catawba River Investments asked for preliminary plate review for property at 4758 and 4870 Mt. Gallant Road. The site near the Museum of York County is on the northwest corner of the Mt. Gallant and Museum Road intersection.
Three years ago the property owner annexed the site into the city with plans for an 80-home subdivision. Now the plan involves subdividing the property into lots of 10 acres or more for residential development.